Summer is the ultimate time for barbecuing with friends. So before it gets too cold, try to use the barbecue as much as possible. Kebabs are of one of my favourite things to barbecue, they're easy to make and you can customize whatever meat or vegetables you want on it. Also, if you have a vegetarian over, you don't have to make a whole different meal for them, just make their kebab all veggie! Kebabs are great.
I do like things spicy, so if you don't, just don't add the chili flakes, or maybe just add a little. But I highly suggest you do, they will taste that much better.
Spicy Chicken and Veg Kebabs
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 80z of mushrooms (about 12 mushrooms)
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne flakes
- Cut chicken, peppers and onions into bite size chucks and around the same size. Place them into a large bowl.
- Into the bowl add the rest of the ingredients and mix together well.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium high heat while you skew the chicken and vegetables.
- Grill the skewers for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Turn the skewers occasionally.