One of my absolute favourite fruit combination is strawberry and banana. I love the combination in smoothies, crepes and especially in Yogen Fruz. This was originally a banana bread recipe from my mom but I decide to add strawberries and oatmeal. I added the oatmeal because I enjoy the texture of it in muffins but you can also replace the oatmeal for bran. If you don't like either of them than you can replace the oatmeal measurement for flour.
So bring these muffins to your next brunch or simply make them for your family to enjoy fresh muffins in the morning. I would suggest cutting up strawberries and bananas to serve with the muffins because who doesn't like a bit of fresh fruit with their the breakfast!
Strawberry Banana Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup of flour
- 3/4 cups of oatmeal or wheat bran
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup of chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 4 tbsp of sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Preheat the oven 350°F. Butter a standard 12 cup muffin pan or line with muffin cups
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and combine the eggs and sugar. Mix in the oil, sour cream and then the flour mixture.
- Once the batter has been well mixed add in the vanilla and strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan, about 3/4 full for each cup.
- Bake the muffins for about 25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the muffin comes out clean. Let the muffins cool for at least 15 minutes before eating.