Well it seems that I may be having a strawberry craze this month, but I figured since Valentines is coming up, people would want to make these delicious treats for loved ones.
Now I decided to drizzle white chocolate on top of mine, but of course you can add anything you want to these chocolate covered strawberries. You could dip them in crushed peanuts, shredded coconut or even cover them in red sprinkles. Often people will spend way to much on Valentines and forget that people love the baked goods rather than the bought. At least I do anyway. I will even guarantee that it will instantly add more love because the lucky recipient will know that you took the time to make them.
Because of course, everyone knows, that all you need is love.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 lb of strawberries (about 20) washed and dried well
- 200 grams of your favourite dark chocolate
- 50 grams of white chocolate
- 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil
- Place dark chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure the bowl is not touching the water, you are using the steam to melt the chocolate, not the water. Stir occasionally, until melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat once melted.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, only use parchment nothing else. One at a time, dip each strawberry in chocolate, twirling to coat and then place on parchment paper.
- Once you have dipped all the strawberries melt the white chocolate the same way as the dark chocolate. Since you are using the white chocolate to drizzle, you will add the vegetable oil to thin out the white chocolate. Make sure you don't use water or else it will make the chocolate clumpy.
- Stir the white chocolate with the oil until you get the consistency that you desire for drizzling, if it is not thin enough to drizzle, add more oil.
- Use a fork to drizzle the white chocolate over the chocolate covered strawberries.
- Chill chocolate-dipped strawberries for at least 15 minutes in the fridge before eating.