A good friend of mine, Cari, is one of the best bakers I know. I have tried to make these cookies taste exactly like hers, but it has never happened. Don't get me wrong, they still taste delicious, but they will never be Cari's cookies.
Which is why I don't understand why people will not share their "family secret" recipes, because you can never make it taste exactly like theirs. People have different ovens, measure differently, stir differently, really, people should just all share their recipes and it would solve world hunger.
I am not really sure of this theory, but if the day comes where everyone starts sharing their recipes, we'll see if world hunger has ended.
Cari's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups choc.chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and then add the sugars. when that is mixed add the eggs.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda and then add to the mixture.
- Add oatmeal and then chocolate chips (you may need to add a little at a bit so it can mix well).
- Bake for about 7-10 minutes. Every oven is different so you should watch it and take them out when they are still a little white (but not too white or they wont come off the pan nicely). Even if they don't seem cooked they will harden when cooled.